tirsdag 16. november 2010

Apologise to native Australians

Task: Imagine you are a young Australian today. Write an apology to be published online on “National Sorry Day”.


I apologise for my forefathers’ national policy, which without doubt was detrimental to your culture. I think it’s an important issue that we today stand together and gaze into a bright future, together as one proud nation, instead of looking back on the past and our mistakes. I’m not saying that we shall forget upon our past, which would be a scorn against those who suffered due to the assimilation, but we have to let it go so that we can develop and become one proud nation based on our major cultural differences. And to the “stolen generation”; you have all my respect and honour, and I would lay down into the dust for my nation’s treatment of your sovereign, proud people. I’m sorry!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar